Top 10 Most Expensive Leather Jackets In The World
The rich people love spending money on luxurious and expensive clothes from the newest and trendiest designer collections. Jackets are pretty much used by the people of the new generation. The lavishly rich often like to dress the part. Here we count down ten of the most expensive leather jackets in the world.
1. Michael Jackon’s Thriller Jacket $1.8 Million
2. Gucci Leather Biker Jacket $18,650
3. Hermes Madison Quilted Lambskin Jacket $13,200
4. Mastermind Japan Biker Jacket $12,000
5. Enfants Riches Deprimes Studded Biker Jacket $7,200
6. Balmain Embroidered Leather Jacket $7,000
7. Givenchy Studded Biker Jacket $6,610
8. Western Leather Jacket by Dolce & Gabbana $6250
9. Saint Laurent Bomber Jacket in Vintage Black Leather $5990
10. Burberry Shearling Pea Coat $5750
1. Michael Jackson’s Thriller Jacket: The red and black jacket with signature "winged shoulders" that the King of Pop wore during the filming of the iconic "Thriller" music video is the most expensive in history. It was sold to Milton Verret for $1.8 million at Julien’s Auctions, a California-based auction house specializing in items owned by celebrities, in 2011. Designed by Deborah Nadoolman Landis, this jacket has been emulated by celebrities Chris Brown and Kanye West.
2. Gucci Leather Biker Jacket: Made in Italy the badass biker is constructed in a Gucci atelier that specializes in leather goods, and it's here that the jacket begins its 40-hour journey to completion. A lot of that time is spent by skilled craftspeople applying the 2,400 studs by hand, one by one, to the jacket in a mix of geometric and organic patterns. And since this is a Michele-designed Gucci piece with every detail painstakingly considered, there are actually seventeen different types of studs used, finished six different ways, and accessorized with two different types of chains. And then there are extra finishes—like the Gucci logo zippers and snap buttons that hold down the jacket's lapels and collar, or the skull ornament that's placed just under the right shoulder—that separate this jacket even further from any other out there today. This studded-leather biker jacket from Michele's Cruise 2017 collection priced at $18,650.
3. Hermes Madison Quilted Lambskin Jacket: The Jacket is made of 100 percent lambskin and filled with 90-percent duck down and ten-percent duck feathers which makes it one of the most comfortable leather jackets around. Also lined properly with water-repellent Toilovent. So you can buy this luxurious jacket with a price tag of $13,500.
4. Mastermind Japan Biker Jacket: Currently available for $12,000 over at Farfetch, the Mastermind Japan Biker Jacket features an off-center zip fastening and a pair of epaulets on the shoulders. It’s one of the most minimalistic high-end biker jackets. The most eye-catching aspect of the jacket is the studded skull-and-crossbones design on the back.
5. Enfants Riches Déprimés Studded Biker Jacket: Enfants Riches is another luxurious jacket that is made of calfskin for softness and durability. The jacket features a slightly off-center zip fascinated with four pockets that also increase the front of the jacket. The collar and shoulders are metal-studded, with conical studs adorning the collar, and pyramidal studs flocking the shoulders. The back of the jacket is splashed with the name of the manufacturers in simple white and black graphic. The price of the Enfants Riches Déprimés Studded Biker Jacket is $7,200.
6. Balmain Embroidered Leather Jacket: Balmain is one of the oldest brands available in the market. The Exclusive Jacket by Balmian has asymmetric two-way-zip, three zippered pockets, and sleeves dripping in embroidery and multi-colored studs. The jacket is available for the world of $7,000.
7. Givenchy Studded Biker Jacket: This beautiful and luxurious jacket is made of shearling lambskin. Givenchy will provide you warm feeling during chilly days of winter. It is one of the most liked because of its minimalistic design. A large number of silver studs on the jacket also give it an awesome look. You can buy this luxurious jacket for $6,610.
8. Western Leather Jacket by Dolce & Gabbana: Dolce & Gabbana Leather Bomber Jacket with Patches reflects the tastes of the Sicilian aristocracy. It’s a bomber jacket made of lambskin with zippered welt pockets and color-contrast collar and cuffs. Each sleeve features five giant stars. The front of the jacket includes a pair of patches and a pair of anthropomorphic leopards dressed royally and facing each other. The entire outfit is unmistakably regal. The Dolce & Gabbana Leather Bomber Jacket with Patches is priced at $6,250.
9. Saint Laurent Bomber Jacket in Vintage Black Leather: At $5,990, this bomber jacket comes with a removable shearling collar and ribbed cuffs and waist. It has a covered zipper, snap-button tabs at the shoulders, and four pockets overall. The highlight of the rather minimalistic design is the word HEAVEN embroidered on the lower back, with seahorse jewels outlining each letter.
10. Burberry Shearling Pea Coat: Looking for an outfit that's casually classic and camera-worthy, go for a Burberry navy pea coat. This black jacket features a double-breasted design made of lamb shearling, a calf-leather outer, a shawl collar, a throatlatch, and button-tab cuffs. The Burberry Shearling Pea Coat is available for $5,750.