The World’s Richest Authors
Some of the most popular authors in the world are worth more than a billion dollars!
Here is the list of the 10 richest authors of all time who have achieved incredible success writing books from $12 Million to over $1 billion.
1. Elisabeth Badinter (Net Worth: $1.3 Billion): Elisabeth Badinter, a well-known feminist writer, is a billionaire who is best known for her philosophical treaties on feminism and women’s role in society. A 2010 Marianna news magazine poll named her “France’s most influential intellectual”. Approximately $1.3 Billion is the net worth of Elisabeth Badinter’s making her the richest author in the world of all time.
2. J.K. Rowling (Net Worth: $1 Billion): British author J.K. Rowling; Joanne Kathleen Rowling is best known for the commercially successful Harry Potter. As of 2020, J.K. Rowling’s net worth is estimated to be $1 Billion and she is one of the wealthiest people in the United Kingdom.
3. James Patterson (Net Worth: $560 Million): Well known for his thriller novels James Patterson is an American author who sold over 300 million copies all over the world. In fact, he also holds a Guinness World Record for the most New York Times bestsellers by a single author.
4. Stephen King (Net Worth: $400 Million): Stephen King is an American author who was born in Portland, Maine on September 21, 1947. He was known as a screenwriter and writer of gothic novels, horror, supernatural fiction, fantasy and suspense. His books have sold more than 350 million copies around the world. King has a net worth of $400 million.
5. Nora Roberts (Net Worth: $390 Million): Nora Roberts is a bestselling American author known for her romance novels. Roberts began her writing in the late 70s and went on scoring high with her 1985 bestseller playing the odds, she’s written over 200 novels. Nora Roberts’ net worth is $390 million.
6. Danielle Steel (Net Worth: $310 Million): The American novelist Danielle Steel who according to Forbes is the world’s best-selling living author who has more than 800 million copies of her books sold. Her net worth rises somewhere around $310 million so far.
7. Barbara Taylor Bradford (Net Worth: $300 Million): English novelist Barbara Taylor Bradford has reached the dream of any writer with more than 80 million copies sold in 90 countries she become a best-selling author. What’s more, Queen Elizabeth II has awarded her OBE for the ways she has contributed to literature.
8. Nigel Blackwell (Net Worth: $292.5 Million): Nigel Blackwell is a handover to the staff at Blackwell. Blackwell Publishing was sold in 2006 for 572m Euros. Toby and his nephew Nigel netted a big part of that. Nigel Blackwell’s net worth is estimated to be roughly $292.5 million.
9. John Grisham (Net Worth: $220 Million): The famed American writer John Grisham, well known all over the world for his stunning legal thrillers, published worldwide and translated in 42 languages. If that leaves you wondering, you should know that before becoming an author, he served as an attorney on the House of Representatives for Mississippi. John Grisham’s net worth is approximately $220 million.
10. Jeffrey Archer (Net Worth: $195 Million): A former politician, the English novelist Jeffrey Archer gave up politics after being a Member of the Parliament and reoriented his career towards writing. He became one of the most sold authors in the world, selling over 330 million copies of his best selling novels worldwide. As of 2020, Jeffrey Archer’s net worth is roughly $195 million.