MB&F launched the new Legacy Machine No.2 in Red Gold Blue
The legacy Machine introduced by the MB &F lies at the highest end of the horological spectrum. It was initially presented in the year 2013 and since then, it is one of the most sought after expressions of the traditional watchmaking industry. The LM2 occupies the pivotal position in innovative horology and has recently launched the new legacy Machine No. 2 in a new red gold version with the blue dial for a mesmerizing visual depth.
When the MB &F legacy machine was initially launched in 2013, it featured 18k white gold with dark grey dial and 18 k rose gold with a silver dial. The fourth iteration of the MB &F Legacy Machine 2 was released in the year 2018 with white gold embodied in an unconventional purple dial. After six years of its original launch and after a year of its purple edition release, the manufacturers have come up with their stunning legacy machine No.2 in a red gold case with a striking blue dial.
It is available in an exclusive 12 piece limited edition and has all the features to become the most desirable of the entire LM2 series. Its stunning deep blue dial plate and its rich red gold case were obtained through a chemical vapour deposition technique.
This very limited edition of MB &F legacy machine perpetual incorporates just twelve pieces and the best specs of the watch are its dual flying balance wheels, secured with polished bridges. The two independent regulating systems each beating at their own rate are averaged by the planetary differential at the centre. Other complex specifications of the watch are,
- Dimensions: The launch white gold editions have the dimensions of 44mm x 20mm. And the redesigned editions in red gold and blue face editions have the dimensions of 44mm x 19mm
- Case: The case of MB &F watches D130 is of 18k red gold, platinum 950 or grade 5 titanium and and18k white gold
- Award-winning watchmakers Jean-François Mojon at Chronode and Kari Voutilainen have developed the horological movements of the watch.
- It Includes manual winding with its mainspring barrel
- Holds a power reserve of 45 hours
- The planetary differential comprises of 5 pinions and three gears
- Two bespoke 11 mm balance wheels with four regulating screws that floats above the dials and the movement.
- The balance spring is of traditional Breguet curve that terminates with a stud holder.
- There are about 241 components in the Legacy Machine 2.
- Number of jewels: 44
- The balance frequency of the machine is 18,000 BPH / 2.5 Hz
- Hours and Minutes: The planetary differential transmits rate of both the regulators to a single gear train.
- Sapphire crystals: The machine features high domed sapphire crystals on the top and at the back with anti-reflective coating at both sides.
- Strap: The strap of the watch is of black, brown or blue colours with hand-stitched alligator strap featuring 18 k gold, platinum or titanium tang buckle that matches the case.
The MB &F Legacy Machine No 2 is one of the best watches of the decade with nothing to compare and compete. It features excellent hand finishing throughout, mimicking 19th-century class and style. Its internal bevel angles are the mark of excellent handcraft and watch engineering.