10 Easy Tips For All Men To Improve Style And Appearance
Many of the most effective, scientifically proven ways to improve your look aren’t things you buy or wear. Here are 10 Easy Tips All Men Should Follow to boost your image.
1. Iron your clothes: Regardless of the type of clothes you wear; always make sure that they are well pressed and ironed.
2. Try a new hairstyle: To drastically change your appearance, a very easy, quick and practical thing you can do is getting a professional haircut. This might cost a little more than a regular haircut, but the difference will be worth it.
3. Practice your posture: Getting dressed is only half the formula. Adjusting your posture not only transforms the way a garment drapes on you, but also affects the emotional response of people around you. Good posture also makes you look taller, thinner, healthier and more confident are more reasons to stand up straight.
4. Don’t Shy Away From Colour: Whether its on casualwear or formalwear, indulge in a bit of colour. Adding a hint of colour, or a lot of it in your wardrobe can drastically change and lift your looks. Colour can also be a mood changer and infuses life into any dull or mundane look.
Choose a colour that you like or one that you think looks good on you. Bright colours work better for the day, while deeper colours look better at night. Warmer colours compliment dusky skin tones while cold colours look good on pale or light complexions.
5. Wear clothes that fit: The biggest mistake men make when it comes to ill-fitting clothing is to favor baggy apparel over more body-conscious designs. Even if you're on the heavyset side, clothing that holds close to your body (but isn't skin-tight) is the most flattering. Thus, wear clothes that fit to look smart.
6. Know your flaws: Taking an honest assessment of your body and face can go a long way toward helping you make the most of your appearance. When you know your weak points, you'll be able to minimize them or conceal them to your advantage.
7. Look After Your Appearance: If you’ve invested money and thought in your clothing, look after it. Use wooden hangers for shirts and shoe trees for your best shoes; have your suit dry-cleaned and pressed; wash your clothes regularly and, ideally, don’t tumble dry them (it can degrade the fabric); and polish your shoes. Equally, it’s not just the skin of your leather jacket that you need to care for, the same goes for the one you wear every day. Establish a simple, but no less solid, grooming regime, brush your hair and cut your nails.
8. Keep Accessorising To A Minimum: Accessories like ties and pocket squares bring individuality to classic clothing, but be careful how you use them. “It’s best to harmonize them with what you’re wearing by picking out a colour or two. When it comes to curating shirt and tie combinations, wear your tie or pocket square in a darker shade than your jacket. And don’t overdo the accessories either – if in doubt, think less is more and take one element away.
9. Invest in skin care: Taking good care of your skin is important for more than just your appearance. As the largest organ you have, your skin is essential to your general health. If you take care of it, it can help take care of you. This is why it is so important to have a well-thought-out skin care routine. It is absolutely worth the time and energy to take care of your skin on a daily basis. Thus, invest in skincare is good idea to keep your skin fine. Before buying any skincare ensure that the products you buy will work for you for that figure out your skin type.
10. Eat and drink right: Make a concerted effort to eat right and you’ll have won half the battle in looking your personal best. Your diet choices can also make you look better. While building strength and maintaining energy are more important than looking sexy, if you eat and drink right, you can achieve all three! Just make sure you include plenty of lean protein in your diet from poultry and fish, fill up your plate with green veggies, and favor antioxidant-filled fruit for dessert. Finally, hydrate properly by consuming eight glasses of water daily.